UX improvement in new Product Form – Beta Developer Dashboard
Freemius has been working on bringing the Beta Developer Dashboard into production for the past few weeks. Apart from various bug fixes, we’ve been focused on building a great UX for when:
- you create a new product.
- a new user visits the Developer Dashboard for the first time.
We are happy to announce that our latest changes to significantly improve the new product form’s UX have landed.
You will see the new product form when:
- creating a product for the very first time.
- adding a product from the sidebar.
- adding a product from a store or a bundle.
- creating a new Add-on for your WordPress plugin or theme.
The product form will ask you a series of questions to create a tailored presentation of all the amazing options Freemius has in “Store” for you 😉 For example:
- It is now possible to create a new store while creating a new WordPress product. You can select from your available stores if you don’t want to create a new one.
- The system will automatically create a free plan for you based on your selection so that you don’t have to do it manually.
- After creating a product, the Developer Dashboard app will take you to another page that lets you determine what you need to do next.
This is the first phase of a series of improvements coming on the Beta Developer Dashboard. Stay tuned for more.
Other improvements and bug fixes
- You can now add a Widget or Template to a Plugin and/or Theme when creating a new product under a bundle. Navigate to <Your Bundle> > Products > ADD PRODUCT > CREATE NEW PRODUCT to check it out.
- The bundled product will be created under the same store as the Bundle itself. However, you may change the newly created Bundled Product’s store on its Settings page.
- When creating an Add-on from a plugin in the past, it was possible that – in some edge cases – the Add-on could be created under a different store, which made it harder to find on the menu. Going forward, a newly created Add-on will belong to the same store as the original Plugin. However, you’ll still have the option to migrate the Add-on only to another store.